18 March 2019
Recent involvement of the EFF in the workplace – in the role of representing workers interests or demands in workplace related issues – has become cause for concern.
A short guide on how to deal with letters from the EFF which make various non-specific demands:
- Advise the EFF that its current workforce is unionised, alternatively that internal procedures are in place to
address employees concerns or grievances;
- Inform the EFF that the LRA provides for representation of employees by registered trade unions only;
- Request that the parties respect the laws of the land;
- Inform them that the Company will not entertain their demands, nor meet with them; and
- That the Company’s rights are fully reserved.
A detailed legal opinion is available on request.